Read Quantitative Research in Communication by Mike Allen Free Online
Book Title: Quantitative Research in Communication|
The author of the book: Mike Allen
ISBN 13: 9781412956963
Edition: Sage Publications, Inc
Date of issue: September 1st 2008
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 1.77 MB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1843 times
Reader ratings: 5.9
Read full description of the books:
Written for communication students, Quantitative Research in Communication provides practical, user-friendly coverage of how to use statistics, how to interpret SPSS printouts, how to write results, and how to assess whether the assumptions of various procedures have been met. Providing a strong conceptual orientation to techniques and procedures that range from the "moderately basic" to "highly advanced," the book provides practical tips and suggestions for quantitative communication scholars of all experience levels.
In addition to important foundational information, each chapter that covers a specific statistical procedure includes suggestions for interpreting, explaining, and presenting results; realistic examples of how the procedure can be used to answer substantive questions in communication; sample SPSS printouts; and a detailed summary of a published communication journal article using that procedure.
- Engaged Research application boxes stimulate thought and discussion, illustrating how particular research methods can be used to answer very practical, civic-minded questions.
- Realistic examples at the beginning of each chapter show how the chapter's procedure could be used to answer a substantive research question.
- Examples and application activities geared toward the emerging trend of service learning encourage students to do projects oriented toward their community or campus.
- Summaries of journal articles demonstrate how to write statistical results in APA style and illustrate how real researchers use statistical procedures in a wide variety of contexts, such as tsunami warnings, date requests, and anti-drug public service announcements.
- How to Decipher Figures show students how to "read" the statistical shorthand presented in the quantitative results of an article and also, by implication, show them how to write up results .
Quantitative Research in Communication is ideal for courses in Quantitative Methods in Communication, Statistical Methods in Communication, Advanced Research Methods (undergraduate), and Introduction to Research Methods (Graduate) in departments of communication, educational psychology, psychology, and mass communication.
Download Quantitative Research in Communication ERUB
Download Quantitative Research in Communication DOC
Download Quantitative Research in Communication TXT
Read information about the author
Reviews of the Quantitative Research in Communication
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Quantitative Research in Communication by Mike Allen Online free